Friday, December 7, 2007

Writing for A Living: Who Me?

Well after wandering around the net for awhile and looking through Craig's list and all sorts of other places, I ran across a post for writers. I know, I know I'm already writing right here, but I would like to make a little bit of money. So I sent the guy the link to this blog and he said I was a talented writer. Is that some kind of line or something? I always considered myself just an average writer. Who knows?

Well I know for sure I'm not a stellar writer or I'd be published by now. Then I started reading a book called "The Zookeeper's Wife" and immediately put it down and thought "hey I could write a children's book about my own family". You see my family on my mother's side went through the holocaust (which is what the Zookeeper's Wife is about) and I got inspired. Believe me I have no huge or lofty ideas that whatever I write will actually get published, but one never knows.

Then I thought, I could write it in installments. Let my best friends kid read it and see if it even interests him. Then I'll go from there. Am I nut's? Well not exactly, I think I was really inspired by the fact the J.K Rowlings was featured last night on 20/20 as the most fascinating person in 2007. Now she's some writer and what an imagination. I'm jealous of the creative types that can just think up stuff out of thin air. I would at least need reality as an anchor for anything I wrote. Any budding writers out there?

No comments: