Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Hunt for A Good Night's Sleep

After a bad night's sleep using my CPAP machine, I decided to sleep at a friends. As you read in previous blogs I have a diagnosis of sleep apnea (although I always question whether that's really the reason I don't sleep well). Well, sleeping at GG's made the different (this time). Woke up early but then fell back asleep. Ah...what a wonderful feeling to wake up refreshed. Am I giving up on the CPAP machine? No, today I'm going back to my doc to get a full face mask because apparently I'm mouth breathing. If you mouth breath, it's as if you are not even using the machine because it pumps air into your nose to keep open your throat passage and if you open your mouth, it's useless because all the air escape through the path of least resistance. This is with using a chinstrap and all. Oy! So here I go to the full mask to see if it will do any good. Frankly a few months of meditation in an ashram might do the trick! Of course you can't spend your life that way. And I should meditate--but do I; of course not! The only thing that has helped me is a technique I learned from a therapist. If you want to learn more about that technique, you can go to ehow.com and search for tiferet; all my articles will pop up and looking for the one that talks about grounding. It helped me get more nights of better sleep.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just recieved the RESMED mask and Goodnights sleep machine I woke and feel like a million Bucks!