Monday, December 3, 2007

Water

Water, the life giving substance. Recently there was a town (I believe somewhere in the South) that actually did a raindance to bring on the rain after a long drought. Living in Seattle we never seem to have that problem, with today being no exception. After 2 days of snow and now melt and also torrential rains we are experiencing flooding. Just up the street from me there are sandbags trying to hold back the water.

If we could only transport that water from our waterlogged area to the areas that need it. What can one do....life is not fair...for us nor for those who need water, food, shelter. Being unemployed has given me some perspective, although I do know I'll eventually be employed.

Rain, water and lot's of it shows us the unpredictability and uncontrollability of life. The less we seek to control it the better off we are...whether it's in seeking one's life work or find water in the desert.

No comments: