Sunday, December 16, 2007

Transitions

Making transitions can be hard; they can be downright painful. And they are happening to us all the time. Sometimes they are small, such as the neighbor moved and now, what will the new neighbor be like? Or, they can be huge such as getting fired from a job or starting a new one. As most humans I'm experiencing both right now. I'm about to accept a new job and have some trepidation about it. I thought I was on the path to working part-time and doing some writing on the side OR possibly becoming trained as a coach. Now I'll have to figure out how to make some of that happen, regardless of the new job. I also have a new housemate moving in around the same time. What will she be like and will we get along? So many unknowns. Then the New Year will soon be upon us and we are all facing getting a year older. The main thing is that during those transitions how can we ride them like a surfer on a wave instead of getting smacked in the face or drowning. I think the key is attitude and flexibility. The better our attitude about change and the more open we are to what may be, the better able we will be to weather whatever happens to us.

No comments: