Thursday, December 6, 2007

How to Meet People Whereever You Go

Remember back to my earlier blog about the bus driver I met. Well he's an amazing guy. I sent him an e-mail and he responded a few days ago. Now I could be getting myself into trouble and maybe he's not just a nice guy but one who'd married and is seeking something other than friendship, but I guess I'm the trusting sort and I use my intuition about these kinds of things. Anyway, he called me and asked if I needed any furniture. He knows I'm unemployed and he has a household full of furniture that he wants to get rid of. I told him I could use a recliner. He said, "what kind". He had 3 of them. Well now I'm the proud owner of a new, used recliner that looks identical to the one I broke several years ago and it even matches my living room.

You just never know the kind of people you will meet. Being the connector I am, I'm constantly meeting and talking to people. That's really the best way to meet people. Who knows the next person you talk to standing in line could become you next best friend or even your partner. The universe delivers to us in strange, unpredictable ways.

No comments: