Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fuzzy Head

On most days I never talk about the fact that I have fibromyalgia, but when it keeps me up at night or when I get sick it tends to rear it's ugly head. FM or fibromyalgia for short is a wierd, quirky syndrome that started invading my body in 1992. Caused by stress, an accident or even a difficult birth, doctors really know very little about it, although many have tried to treat it. There are now special clinics just for the treatment of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue. I don't want to be seen as an unhealthy person, I just want to be seen for myself. I'm lucky, I have very little pain with FM, which is what most people experience. The challenge for me right now is seeking work that is low stress and pays well. You might think this is some kind of a joke, but it isn't. I have a mortgage to pay and I need a well paying job that I can handle.

Today I definitely have a fuzzy head due to a cold, lack of sleep and layer on top of that my FM. Unfortunately I have a job interview. I could have put it off but I was too nice and said I would be willing to do it over the phone. Oy! Now I'm concerned whether I'll come across as coherent. Hopefully no employer will ever come across this blog.

If you are blessed with a good night sleep on most nights, relish those mornings wakings when you feel refreshed. It's something I strive for. But with a head cold it's even tougher. OK..enough whining....there are people without homes sleeping in the streets and I have a nice warm bed.

No comments: