Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bruce Springsteen

I was lucky enough to receive the latest Springsteen CD for Chanukkah. It's vintage Springsteen all the way. Fantastic rhythms. Soulful, gritty lyrics. This will be a CD to listen to over and over. I don't know how many of you ever had the luck of attending a Springsteen concert. Oh my God...what an experience...verging on a religious experience. I went to his Born in the USA concert many moons ago. He was young (35), hot, and with energy to burn. He easily outlasted his audience by about an hour; he played for over 3 without stopping. I have to admit he entered my fantasies quite a bit in those days. What would it be like to be with Bruce. Of course I thought perfect, wonderful, ideal. Would it have been? Who knows. Then he married a movie star from Oregon. Thank God that didn't last and he married Patty from his band. But it did produce Tunnel of Love, a pretty fab CD. And what are CDs but reflections of our life at that time anyway. As is his current CD. Go out and buy it. You'll be rocking the night away.

No comments: