Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Job Interviews

So I"m about to go on another job interview. They interviewed me last week by phone since I was so sick. The crazy thing about it is; I really don't want the job. My G-d ... they expect me to raise almost a million dollars for a conference that I believe takes places some time next summer. That's just insane. Unless the pharmaceutical companies are going to be knocking my door down, I don't know how that is doable. It must be if they did it last year, but who knows.

I went on another job interview yesterday and met a lovely woman who would be my boss. That job was to be a health care recruiter, something I know virtually nothing about. I think I would love working with her, but then there is the awful commute to Bellevue and the 8am start. I think anything before 9am is inhuman or inhumane ... however you want to phrase it.

Anyway, I think the whole idea of it's not applying for jobs that gets you the job it's who you know is a bunch of bullshit. I called a woman today who would be my boss for 2 jobs that I saw and she told me she wasn't even the one who would be doing the screening ... and she told me that she thought I was overqualified. So what is a gal to do.

All I can think is that the right this hasn't come along yet and when it does, they will snap me up and I'll be happy as a clam.

One can only hope!

2 comments:

Mira said...

I know the feeling of going on a job interview for a job you are not sure you want. I did that a lot when I was last interviewing for software engineering jobs. The last one was right before I started school to become a teacher... Anyway, I hope job interviews aren't getting you down too much and I hope you find just what you are looking for soon.

Lynn Chapman said...

Thanks Mira..boy I don't usually look for comments because I don't get many...I appreciate it...I'm actually going to take that job..it's turning out not to be as hard as I originally thought.....have a great holiday season