Thursday, November 29, 2007

What if They Offer Me the Job?

OK...so I go to a job interview today; I'm a great fit for the job. And I'm afraid they'll offer it to me. But now I'm not sure I want a real job. What a dilemma! I need a job, but what I really want is to find the right job or not have a real job at all.

Then after choir today I run into a fellow choir member and we start talking about all the people who are working for themselves. Well there is a lot I can do, but I don't want to lock myself into one thing. I've thought about opening my own cafe with music of course and espresso, of course. I've thought about being a grantwriter because I've done that. I only applied for one freelance position and didn't get it.

I'm really a connector so I think, well--maybe I should be a recruiter. But the whole recruiter thing is really a headhunter and that just doesn't fit my values.

I could be an Executive Director, but I dont' want the stress. Then I've also thought about conference planning. I could start my own business, but I'm not sure that's the right direction either.

Then there's coaching, but that will take a lot of startup time.

Oy! What's a girl with so many options to do. I have to pay the mortgage! Enough whining--if I could just win the lottery (who me--I never even buy the damn tickets) I could do whatever the hell I wanted.

Next lifetime--I want to be a rock and roll singer.

No comments: