Thursday, November 22, 2007

Helping Mom Buy Books on the Net

So my parents refuse to get a computer. OK...so they're in their 70s....but what kind of excuse is that? Plenty of older people have computers. So here I am with phone in hand....trying to do advanced searches for the 3 grandkids who live in New Jersey to find just the right books for each of them on Amazon...Ben, Tyler, Lara ..it's enough to drive one bonkers....

Now to be fair to my mother she did her homework and found some books by reading the newspaper that looked good....but then there was Ben...he only likes Star Wars..do you know how many books there are on Star Wars for 4-8 year olds?....about 25....so how does one choose?

Then being my parents they want free shipping...well, of course because it's the holidays you have to pay extra to get the dang books there on time.

I decided in the end..that today was not the day for doing this..."can it wait until tomorrow, mom"? Yes, but I'm getting my stress test tomorrow so not in the morning...."Fine", I say..whenever...

I shouldn't complain..I have parents that love me and it's a sunny day in the Northwest.

No comments: