Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Day in Court

In an attempt to collect my unemployment benefits, I asked my BBF Laurie to accompany me to the court for a hearing. I could never be a lawyer--everything is so procedural. I thought I did fine representing myself and it was great having Laurie there because she said so..and I always believe her when it comes to how people come across. Being denied your benefits is bad enough, but then having to prove that you deserve it can be pretty stressful. Mostly it was fine but it took 2 hours. Unbelievable. And in the end I was told because I was looking for both part and full time work that my benefits could be denied. Well I guess I gave it the good college try. What else can one do when faced with a mortgage and bills to pay and still no job after 3 months. The benefit is I probably would never have had my own blog or have the time to write and express myself in ways I never have before. So good for me!

2 comments:

thesynergizer said...

rofl @ bff laurie.

you are too cute.

:-)

Lynn Chapman said...

What is rofl?? I"m just reading this now....